Sunday, August 3, 2008

My Father Knows


“Therefore do not be like them.
For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him.”
Matthew 6:8

Even before I call on Him, my Father knows what I need. And the answer is already on the way (Is. 65:24). Yes, I am exhorted to pray for my daily needs, but in these verses I see that it involves so much more.

Prayer allows me to experience God more intimately.
As a child relies on the loving provision of his parent, he is more and more convinced of that parent’s unrelenting love. In the same way, my Father is eager for me to experience Him as He provides for me.

He knows me and always gives me what is best. I am feeling His love. Among other things this week, my Father specifically gave me:
  • A husband who adores me
  • Friends that support me
  • A daughter to encourage me
  • A son who misses me
  • A God who knows me and supplies my every need

I am blessed. The days weren’t always sunny or the nights trouble-free. But I have a heavenly Father who moves heaven and earth every single day just so that I will know Him, feel Him, talk to Him, and love Him. Prayer exists so that I can experience my God. It works!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Prayer is such a wonderful cherished time with Him. Crawling into Daddy's lap to talk, butmore, to listen.
Beautiful post.

Kim said...

Dear HisFireFly -

I love your image of prayer as crawling into the Father's lap. It is my favorite place to be!

By the way, I visited your blog and loved it. Thanks for sharing your heart for the Lord with us.

Kim