Sunday, June 29, 2008

Will the 'Real Kim', Please Stand Up?

This past month I finally relented and got new professional photos taken. Yuck. In all honesty, I would have preferred a root canal, but of course, I can’t exactly put that on the front of a brochure.

Why do I hate the whole photo thing? I think it’s because no matter how good or bad the shot, it never quite looks like me. In my optimistic mind’s eye, I am serene, tall, peaceful, and confident. In my wild daydreams, I look a lot like Angelina Jolie (hah!). But then I see an exact image of myself and reality hits. I just don’t like what I see.

Thankfully, God reminded me: I am not what I look like, I am not what others perceive me to be, and I am not what I do. I am who Christ has declared me to be.

  • I am God’s child. (John 1:12)
  • I am Christ’s friend. (John 15:15)
  • I am entirely new. (II Cor. 5:17)
  • I am a saint. (Eph. 1:1)
  • I am complete in Christ. (Col. 2:10)
  • I am a citizen of heaven. (Phil 3:20)
  • I am God’s temple. (I Cor. 3:16)
  • and more…

No matter who I appear to be, I am thankful today that I truly am who God has made me to be.

No comments: