Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Joys of Journaling

Journaling

I am addicted. I’ve tried quitting but to no avail. Walk with me past any stationary store, listen carefully, and you will hear the blank journals begin to call my name. “Kim, touch me, smell me, open me, write in me and I will change your life.” Eventually, I succumb to their siren call and indeed, they do change my life.

I love journaling. I love the soft leather cover, the parchment pages blank with potential, and the sound of my pen scratching out thoughts I never knew I had. I can cry in my journal, laugh, plan, promise, and confess – I can bleed from the inside out in shades of hot pink and in the end, it feels good.

Journaling changes me. I begin confused and end advised, start sad and finish glad, feel weak and emerge strong. God meets me in-between each ruled line and through journaling, true transformation occurs.

Blogging

My private journaling ended many months ago so that blogging could begin. I like blogging – it’s fast, it’s colorful, and it invites accountability. But, I realized this week, I may like blogging but I love journaling. Journaling reaches places in me where only God dare go.

So, it is with great sadness that I am taking a personal blogging break from the Christ-Saturated Life – perhaps permanently, to return to joyous journaling. I will continue my professional blog, geared to encourage Christian women in their walk with Jesus and I hope you will visit me at: http://christiancoachingforlife.blogspot.com/

I Will Miss You

In the meantime, thank you for so faithfully exploring the Christ-saturated life with me this past year. You are in my prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading your blog this morning.

Evelyn Glover