Sunday, September 21, 2008

An Open Letter to Jesus


Precious Christ of God,

You are the love of my life. You have captured my heart, captivated my mind, and consumed my affections. My deepest longing is to love You more.

Jesus, You amaze me – my Sovereign Savior, Redeeming Deliverer, Christ of God. How is it that You, the Eternal One entered time:

  • Creator becoming creation,
  • Spirit clothing Himself in human skin,
  • Breath of life – breathing,
  • Immutability taking shape,
  • Love crucified.

The unimaginable has occurred. You chose the path of death so that I could have eternal life. Why did the Almighty God, who is everything and needs nothing, die to make Kim His friend? There is no greater love than this.

I am…

  • filled with Your presence,
  • bathed in Your love,
  • and sit in high places.

You will…

  • guard me,
  • protect me,
  • counsel me,
  • and fix Your eye upon me.

You have…

  • called me,
  • named me,
  • forgiven me,
  • and stamped Your image in my heart.

You continually…

  • desire me,
  • yearn for me,
  • reveal Yourself to me,
  • and delight in me.

You take my breath away!

A simple thank you is but a trite expression coming from a wandering heart, yet today I bow my heart and life in worship before you - my God and my friend.

Your grateful child,

Kim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful words! Thank you Kim, you spoke for my heart as well.

How our Lord hungers for our worship. I know He is now well pleased!