Friday, May 16, 2008

Transitions

Today will be better. I hope. It’s not that yesterday was bad but it didn’t take long for all my early morning intentions to fly out the window in a gusty morning breeze. I intended to pray more, love better, worship continually, and witness frequently. But when a strong storm of busyness blew through my day, those noble aspirations were literally gone with the wind.

So, this morning while praying and dreaming about my day, my intentions suddenly shaped themselves into a plan. A simple plan, literally just a 3x5 card. On this card, I reminded my forgetful self to stop and yield to Christ at each new shift in the day. My new and inexpensive memory system would now jog my memory and inform my prayer at every transition point.

Fueled for success, my card and I leapt into my bright red car and off I went. Unlike yesterday, today Jesus went with me. From the dry cleaners to the grocery store, from Staples to Chico’s, at each new point, I saw my card. I stopped, I yielded, and I lingered in His love.

Small transitional check-ins changed my day from Christ-deficient to Christ-saturated. Today really was better. I can’t wait to see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: