Saturday, May 10, 2008

Christ-Saturated. Irresistibly Attractive.

Christ-saturated and irresistibly attractive – these two hauntingly beautiful and seemingly unattainable descriptions came to me when I asked the Lord to describe the life I am to live. These ideals are lofty, lovely, and a far cry from the Kim I am today.

Christ-saturated - Every moment of every day, He wants to permeate and saturate my life. My words, my thoughts, my actions are to be soaked and dripping with Jesus. This is my deep desire but hardly my current reality.

Instead, on many mornings as I begin the day with Him, I pray, I meditate, and then carelessly meander through the day. Like a good cup of Starbucks, I use God to jump start the morning but fuel the rest of the day with a bottomless cup-of-Kim. “Forgive me, Jesus. Please be my all in all – all day, every day.”

Irresistibly attractive - This should be the outward result of my inner Christ-saturated life. When I drink deeply all day of the cup of Christ there is a rich reservoir to tap into as I seek to live a life of love.

I have a long way to go. Even today, my snippy voice, my impatiently drumming fingers, my visible life were not exactly a magnetic force drawing all to Him. “Lord, help me to be so full of You that Your love can’t help but spill out on all I meet.”

Christ-saturated. Irresistibly attractive. Don’t try to pick me out at the grocery store using only those descriptions, for I will not be found. But do join me in prayer, that these two phrases will more and more become the music of my life.

No comments: